Monday, December 7, 2009

What the hell is the world coming to?

When I look up the word Atheist in the dictionary I expect to see a surly ass kickin' red neck who needs a shave and a haircut who likes huntin and fishin and telling people to go screw themselves.

Instead, we got book readin', spectacle wearin' vegetarians who will get an upset stomach if they're forced to see a Lion attack a gazelle or God forbid they gotta put a worm on a hook. How inhumane. They're worried about poor people, they care about each other and weep over the Ozone layer and puppies.

Damn, I never thought I'd miss the likes of Madalyn Murray O'hare, now that dude was a bad ass.

Peace out, feeno

6 comments:

  1. I bait my own hooks and landed a 26 pound Salmon in Alaska once. Hell of a time beating its brain in, what with the thrashing about for breath.

    Why would a red neck be atheist? Rural folk are usually the slowest to change tradition. The word "pagan" means "person from the country," and was a derogatory slur for people who wouldn't convert to the trendy new Christianity of the late Roman era.

    Also, "book readin'" is an insult now? No wonder it's so easy to tell Christians off, you've convinced yourself books are above you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird.... To me, a Right Wing Christian speaks with a southern accent, is American, and had trouble grasping Grade 10.

    To me, an atheist is urban, educated, and engaged within their community, often with many gay friends. And, many atheists I know fish, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just recently discovered the size of the grudge held against O'Hair (who, despite appearances, was a dudette) by the Christian right in the US. It's no wonder; she's the one who ended compulsory prayer in public schools. That's not very commonly known outside the US.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we stopped doing that years ago. We also stopped doing it in our House of Commons, etc. Absurd that it took so long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, feeno, you might have just solved the problem of the ozone layer...obviously it just needs more puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feeno, you don't know how much venison I've eaten. Mmmm, venison.

    ReplyDelete